> Document Imaging Service
- FutureNet's document imaging services include the scanning, indexing, storing, and distribution of patient current and historical documents. These services can be provided by the FutureNet regional imaging facility, or by FutureNet on-site imaging services.
- Features and Benefits of Document
- High Speed Image Capturing - FutureNet provides high-speed quality hardware for document imaging services either at its regional imaging facilities or on-site.
- Multiple Layers of Indexing - FutureNet provides detailed index service to identify patient reports not only by patient name or medical record number, but also by report type, and other specific required fields.
- Comprehensive Image Handling - FutureNet software provides the ability to zoom in/out, rotate, and mark notes on images.
- Easy Integration of Information - FutureNet software provides a built-in integration engine for patient information from other electronic resources via HL7 or DICOM interfaces.
- Guaranteed Turnaround Time - FutureNet guarantees its service for meeting the required turnaround time, and provides clients with the tools to monitor this.
- Anytime, Anywhere Access - FutureNet allows authorized users (physicians, medical staff, and medical coders) to access patient records remotely over the Internet - anytime, anywhere.
- Scalability - FutureNet provides quality service scalability that requires no upfront capital investment. In addition, FutureNet provides options for location of the service, and enables rapid implementation.
- FutureNet Regional Imaging Facilities
- FutureNet has facilities on both the east and west coast for projects that require large volumes of material to be scanned. These facilities offer a high-tech, secure production environment to facilitate your projects. Our staff is trained to utilize high performance scanning equipment along with powerful indexing software that monitors the entire conversion process. Patient information documents are carefully scanned utilizing high compression techniques, and accurately indexed within specific turnaround time requirements to ensure clients that their patient information will be available in a timely manner.
- On-Site Imaging Service
- With many years of experience in the healthcare industry, FutureNet realizes that most patient information needs to be accessible at any time during the converting process of scanning and indexing the information. To satisfy and meet client requirements of a hard copy for each patient, FutureNet has an on-site imaging service. By having on-site imaging services to process information daily, it ensure clients a 24 hour turnaround time requirement for all electronic format documents with a searchable index.
- FutureNet on-site services provide brand name scanning and computer hardware along with FutureNet software for clients. For additional image storage, FutureNet can utilize a client's existing network, or can provide a server for extra storage space upon the client's request.
- FutureNet's on-site imaging services includes the following two options for clients:
- • End-User Onsite Imaging training: FutureNet provides brand name hardware along with FutureNet software. While on-site, clients will be trained on how to scan documents once the hard copy has been generated. Once the documents are scanned into the system, FutureNet will then index the documents for each patient. This process allows physicians and other medical staff members to access patient records in the system. The advantage of this option is to give the client control over the quality and financial costs by utilizing the option of having their own staff manually scan documents.
- • FutureNet-led Onsite imaging: FutureNet provides hardware, software, and trained staff that are involved throughout the entire document imaging process. All scanning and indexing will be done through the joint efforts of FutureNet employees located in the corporate office and on-site. The advantage of this option is to allow clients to fully focus on their daily operation without concern for the document services provided by FutureNet.
- FutureNet Imaging Service Storage & Back-Up Solutions
- FutureNet document imaging services include storage and back-up solutions for clients. Besides the on-site image server and network storage option, FutureNet also provides additional back-up solutions for all scanned and indexed documents:
- Live Secure Internet
- FutureNet provides a live secure Internet back-up for all scanned and indexed documents for clients. If the on-site image server has any hardware, software, or network downtime, our clients can always log into FutureNet's secure web server with their account number, user ID, and password to access patient information.
- Cold Media Storage
- For clients who like to have cold media to store all scanned and indexed images, FutureNet will provide DVDs or CD-ROMs to back-up images on a regular weekly or monthly basis, providing them to the client for secure storage and retrieval in the future.
- FutureNet Imaging Service Scope & Work Flow
- FutureNet's document imaging service provides document scanning for historic patient chart, and current patient visit information based on hard copy. For current and historical patient information, FutureNet provides a detailed index service that includes: patient name, medical record number, and report type, date of service, healthcare provider's information, and other required data fields.
- FutureNet Imaging Service Scope:
- Document image capturing for historical, as well as current information
- Document image indexing including patient and
- Document image service quality assurance process
- Document image storage and back-up solutions
- Document image integration with other resources
- Document image distribution and access
- Document image service management reports
- Once you have scanned the patient paper medical records (either yourself or with the assistance of FutureNet Technologies
Corporation) with the high-speed scanner, FutureNet will store those images with a batch number for identification in our on-site image server and transmit them to our data center for indexing. After the specified turnaround time, we will
retransmit all the information back to the on-site image server via VPN for your staff and the physicians to access from your local network.
- If your organization is also interested in integrating the imaging information with other patient information, FutureNet's built-in integration engine can build interfaces based on both HL7 and DICOM standards. You and your physicians
can retrieve patient information at any time from a web browser using a variety of search criteria.
- FutureNet's DICOM image editor provides many tools for you to zoom in/out, rotate, mark or type words, and print images. If you are interested
in browsing all documents from the Internet, you can utilize FutureNet's secure dedicated web site for your organization to
retrieve all documents. Or, you can connect to the on-site image server through a secure Internet web site for remote access.
- FutureNet Imaging Service Workflow Chart
- FutureNet Windows-Based Imaging Scan & Index Software
- FutureNet developed iScan, Windows-based scan and index software, for document
imaging processing. The iScan software
provides convenient operation for either
simple or sophisticated scanning. It can be used to directly index scanned
documents, or scan first and index later by local or remote service personnel.
- Major Features of iScan:
- Windows-based, intuitive setup
- Flexible scan feeding processing
- Combination of scan & index functions
- Report type-based scanning
- Configurable index fields
- Double confirmation for index
- Automatic image transmitting
- FutureNet Web-CPR Imaging Indexing Module
- FutureNet's web-based image index software provides remote index capability for service companies through a secure Internet connection. After the document has been scanned into the system and an automatic batch number is assigned, whoever is providing the indexing service can access the documents and index based on the report type or other specified index criteria.
- All indexed documents can be setup for quality assurance, or randomly checked by quality assurance personnel. Any unclear, missing information from scanned reports, or errors in index fields, will be re-scanned by the original service personnel. To ensure quality, administrators of the service company or healthcare organization can always log in to the system to monitor the work in progress and retrieve management statistic reports.
- Major Features of Web-CPR for
- Web-based, Internet-ready platform
- Real-time access to scanned documents
- Automatically assign work to operator for indexing
- QA module controls clear scanning & accurate indexing
- Re-scan and re-index list provides a convenient fix
- Statistic reports are available for each step of imaging service
- FutureNet Web-CPR Image Retrieval Software
- FutureNet's Web-CPR image retrieval program provides users with powerful tools to
access and review all scanned reports
for patients. FutureNet has made a conscious
effort to make the process of retrieving patient records as easy as possible. To retrieve
a record, the user clicks on the patient chart button from the menu and inputs patient
information in any of the corresponding fields to query the search. The patient visit
detail information screen displays all the information for the patient.
- FutureNet provides
two different image viewer/editor options for document retrieval: web viewer,
and DICOM viewer. While the web-based viewer provides fast access
for all available pages for a specific report, the DICOM viewer provides
comprehensive capabilities to handle the scanned images. The DICOM viewer has
features, which give users the ability
to zoom in/out, to rotate, and mark notes or typed
words on the image.
- The patient chart is also used to integrate patient information from other electronic
resources, such as in-house or outsourced
transcription services, laboratory or
radiology departments. By integrating information from different resources, FutureNet's
Web-CPR is capable of being an electronic health record system - not just a storage and retrieval program for document imaging.
- Major Features of Web-CPR for
Image Retrieving and Integration:
- Internet/intranet and web convenience for access
- Searchable database for patient document retrieval
- Flexible tools for scanned image reviewing
- Powerful editor for scanned image handling
- Built-in integration engine for HL7 and DICOM interfaces
- Comprehensive statistic reports for management